I’ll do this before this weeks announcements, and it’s going to be interesting to see how right I am over the coming year.
What we already know..
- Xbox and Windows 10 Beam streaming
- Personal Emotes for pro users
So we don’t actually know that much.. Here’s my predictions, reading more like a wishlist..
- Beam pro account for all xbox gold subscribers
- Beam on PS4
- Improve ingest servers
- Beam tournament tie ins with major competitions
- AAA Microsoft titles incorporating interactivity with Beam
- FTL finalised as a protocol – also part of Xsplit
- Beam swag shop
- Tie ins with hardware manufacturers – Beam Ready PC’s
- Beam continue to attend and stream big events – E3 stream?
- Major dev kit released incorporating beam interactivity at its heart. Visual studio integration.
- Partners getting bigger cut from subscriptions
- 4k Streaming
- More transcode options for viewers
- Export beam videos to youtube
- VOD highlighting
- Free games for Pro subscribers
While I’d be delighted if Beam did all of the above they’re really going to have to keep on top of technology with the competition, and the capacity of the ingest servers to keep up with demand. I’m looking forward to ticking these off the list.